Saturday 21 April 2012

Food I - Tomyam

Posted by Faten Hanani at 15:13

I am such a food lover, I love to eat and never tired of eat it ! http://www.emocutez.complus , I love it ! For food, I have a lot of favourites as I never quit to stop eating it again and again because it's my favourite right?

At the top of the chart , goes to TOMYAM ! I like to eat TOMYAM soup with white rice and meehoon tomyam ! anything with TOMYAM will be so delicious, even tomyam maggi ! and to make tomyam is not that complicated unless it has a lot of ingredients to put in.
http://www.emocutez.com

Tomyam is probably the one of the best well-known dish in Thai recipes. it's uniquely Thai and has become so famous that a movie with the name 'Tom Yam Goong' had been made. I kid you not.
http://www.emocutez.com
Recipe: Tom Yum (Tom Yum Goong)
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups shrimp stock
10-12 shrimp or 8 oz (head-on and shell-on but chop the eyes part off. Devein if you wish)
3 tablespoons lime juice
6 bird’s eyes chilies (pounded)
3 slices galangal
6 kaffir lime leaves (bruised)
2 tablespoons nam prik pao (Thai roasted chili paste)
2 teaspoons fish sauce or to taste
1 stalk lemongrass (use the white part only, pounded with a cleaver)
6 canned straw mushrooms / fresh oyster mushrooms / fresh or canned button mushrooms
Method:
In a pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil. Then add a big handful of shrimp/prawn heads. Boil the shrimp head until the water turns slightly orange in color. Press the shrimp heads with spatula to extract the “goodies” from their heads. Let the stock reduce to slightly more than 2 1/2 cups. Drain the shrimp stock and discard the shrimp heads.
Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, bird’s eye chilies, mushrooms, nam prik bao to the shrimp stock and bring it to boil. Add in the shrimp and fish sauce. Lastly, add the lime juice (if you add lime juice too early, the soup might turn bitter). Boil until the shrimps are cooked, dish out and serve hot.
Cook’s Note:
You can use also chicken, a combination of chicken plus shrimp, or seafood combination (shrimp, squid, scallops, green-lipped mussels) for tom yum soup. It’s really up to you, but the most popular tom yum is tom yum goong, goong means prawn.

This is tomyam that my housemates made for this weekend! I'm looking forward to taste it but I can't because I need to go to my sister's house due to unsettle work. It's okay, I hope my housemates and I can make tomyam again next time. http://www.emocutez.com
I love tomyam forever ! http://www.emocutez.com

this video show how to make tomyam ! ~ so mouth watering !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

up and down Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea